PoS opens access to your conference
Chairmen are responsible for running and publishing the conference proceedings they are in charge of. They indicate authors, establish deadlines and - if they so whish - the length of the contributions, select referees, edit reports and take the final decisions on whether contributions are publishable. Chairmen can run the entire editorial procedure from their editorial web page. Access to this page requires the username and the password given by the PoS Editorial Office.
The chairman web page
Chairmen can run the entire editorial procedure from their personal web pages. If you are an accredited chairman, you can access your chairman web page via "login for CHAIRMEN" on the PoS web site, and logging in with your personal username and password. The chairman web page offers all the functions required for running the publication of conference proceedings, and is kept dynamically updated as soon as a new relevant event occurs. Correspondingly, e-mail notifications are also sent to the chairman.
This section displays the list of all the conferences run by you. To connect to a particular conference, please click on the corresponding code.
This section contains all the data concerning a particular conference along with the list of contributions and the information on their status in the editorial procedure. You can do the following:
- list contributions in an index page
- modify/add/remove contributions
- modify/add/remove sessions
- add/remove authors and co-authors
- send communications/reminders to authors
- download contributions in pdf format (plus any multimedia attachments)
- enable authors to replace their uploaded file(s)
- make your decision on whether the contributions are to be published/rejected or if they are to be revised before publication.
Please note that chairmen cannot take any action on the PoS database, so you will need to ask the Editorial Office <firstname.lastname@example.org> in order to:
- change an author's e-mail address/affiliation
- register a new author to the PoS database
Different colours are used to emphasise the status of the contributions and your actions.
Following your actions the software will update the corresponding pages and send the necessary notifications.
Standard editable messages are available to send reminders, ask for revisions, etc.; you are free to change them as you wish and use/edit them in your correspondence.
PoS bears no responsibility for uncommon formats, viruses and other problems that may arise.