Affordable for you, open for readers
If you are organizing a conference and you would like to publish the proceedings affordably, quickly and efficiently, making them available for free to all interested readers, please contact the
PoS Editorial Office
Via Bonomea, 265
34136 Trieste - Italy
Phone ++39 040 3787 646
fax ++39 040 3787 640
The Editorial Office will provide you with a solution that best suits your requirements (including budgetary ones).
The PoS menu includes:
- Long term storage and worldwide availability of contributions in pdf format;
- A software for authors and Chairman to upload, review, screen and publish contributions, all via the Internet;
- The PoS Editorial Office, assisting the conference organisers in setting up the conference, alerting and reminding the authors, and preparing the final publication of the proceedings.
- Different publication formulae:
- SELF: organisers are provided with conference web pages which are used to call for papers, review and publish the proceedings. Naturally, they have available the necessary tools for communicating with authors, sending collective/personalised reminders, enabling authors to replace their uploaded files, add/remove authors etc. The organisers run the entire publication process and the office provides assistance by way of reminding users of their login data whenever necessary, updating database entries for authors and providing any software troubleshooting.
- HELP: the office is in charge of running the entire publication process according to indications from the organisers (on deadlines, length of contributions etc.) The office continuously monitors the progress in collecting contributions, updates the organisers accordingly and sends out all the necessary reminders to secure the maximum number of published contributions.
If you wish to publish your conference proceedings on the PoS website, please write to Editorial Office <firstname.lastname@example.org>. We will be pleased to liaise with you on the most suitable format for your conference proceedings.
All conference proposals will be subject to the assessment by the PoS evaluating committee, in order to ensure that highly rated conferences alone appear on PoS.
Approval by the Executive Editorial Committee means that the conference, as a whole, is deemed to be of good quality and therefore of interest for the scientific community. PoS, on the other hand, does not provide any refereeing for the submitted contributions. Peer-reviewing of the proceedings and lecture notes, if any, is entirely to be carried out by the conference chairman as (s)he sees fit. The chairman can inform the readership by mentioning the fact in the conference abstract (preface).